Indian Head Massage £25
What is Indian Head Massage?
An Indian Head Massage dispels stress, relieves tension in the neck, head and shoulders and promotes healthy hair.
It is a safe and simple yet extremely effective form of massage that can assist hair growth and also provide relief from aches and pains.
Massage has always played an important part in Indian life. When it is used in conjunction with aromatherapy oils it has an important medical function and not only strengthens muscles and firms the skin but also encourages the body’s own healing processes. It was originally developed by women as part of their daily grooming routine, different oils were used according to the varying seasons and the massage kept their hair strong and healthy.
How does it work?
The head, neck and shoulders are the most important energy centres within your body. Think for a moment, when you are stressed or angry where does the tension seem to accumulate? Yes, in the neck, shoulders or in the form of a headache. In extreme cases it can manifest itself as hair loss! Indian Head Massage involves working with a firm and gentle rythm to help release blockages and relieve uncomfortable tension. The effect however, is not only physical; it works on your emotions too, calming the spirit and aiding deep relaxation.
The head and hair are very sensitive as they are full of nerve endings. This makes them very receptive to touch, massaging the head and hair is deeply soothing and relaxing.
- Improves blood circulation to the head and neck area before speeding up the interchange of oxygen, nutrients, carbon dioxide and waste
- Improves lymphatic drainage from the head and neck so aiding the removal of waste and toxins
- Relieves tension in muscle tissue
- Helps improve mobility in the neck and shoulder area
- Relieves mental and physical strain improving concentration
- Relieves eye strain, headaches, sinusitis, congestion and insomnia
- Helps to clear the mind, and feel very revitalised and can improve alertness and concentration levels
- An antidote to stress, anxiety and mental tension
- Balances the Chakras (energy centres) by releasing stagnant energy which helps the body to work in a more harmonious manner